Hero Experience is needed to level up your heroes
This is done through battles, training, or sowing. It's also earned in Choosing Events.
|Table collapsed for space|
- Main article: Battle
Each battle played will grant 75 Hero Experience to each participating hero (up to 3). While this is very useful on the first levels, it becomes increasingly impractical at higher levels, specially from level 20 onwards.
- At level 2, you need 4 battles to go up a level.
- At level 5, you need 27 battles to go up a level.
- At level 10, you need 51 battles to go up a level.
- At level 19, you need 74 battles (a full day, maximizing use of energy) to go up a level
- At level 20, this skyrockets to 176 battles
Keep in mind this only considers the battles/level up ratio. See below for a discussion on the battles/training ratio
- Main article: Training Grounds
Training will get you 5760 EXP for 1800 gold (basic option), allowing you to go up at least a level for each training session until level 20. This can (and should) be improved by upgrading a slot. See Training Ground for details.
Training Heroes is a moderate investment in terms of Gold/Battle Power ratio. At the basic training level, it's better than the base Tear of Shiva (50 gold/BP) until hero level 21, and worse afterwards. With upgraded slots this is mitigated and then inversed:
- With the 20% slot it reaches the Tears ratio at level 31
- With the 40% slot (requires Diamonds) training will always be better than Tears
- With the 65% slot to 150% slot training, it will be the best.
See Gold#Gold_to_Battle_Power_Ratio for details.
The Manor has an option to grow a plant of Hero Exp, the Royal Wheat. You get 1280 Hero Exp for each 400 gold you spend, that is, 3,2 XP/gold. It's the same relationship as the Training Grounds basic option: 5760 XP/1800 gold = 3,2 XP/gold.
Keep in mind that an upgraded training slot (see Training Grounds for details) will give better benefits.
- 20% bonus: 6912/1800 = 3,84 EXP/gold
- 40% bonus: 8064/1800 = 4,48 EXP/gold
- 65% bonus: 9504/1800 = 5,12 EXP/gold
- 90% bonus: 10944/1800 = 5,76 EXP/gold
- 120% bonus: 12672/1800 = 7.04 EXP/gold
The Hero Experience given by the plant is equally divided among all unlocked heroes. This means that when you only have Sir Lance Alotte, a single patch will get 1280 Hero Experience for him. When you also have Robin Eagleye, each will get 640 Hero EXP from the same patch. When you have all 4 heroes, each will get 320 Hero Exp from each patch of Royal Wheat.
- Growing Hero EXP is a good way to level all your heroes at the same rate
- It is also a way to level up your heroes quicker if you have gold to keep both the Training Grounds and the Manor going at the same time.
- It is less efficient than training with upgraded slots in the Training Ground.
Battles vs Training
- TL;DR version
Battles may be a trivial way to get Hero Experience even if you have spare playing time, see below table.
- Long version
We've seen above how many battles would you need to fight to level up a hero. But this also applies to training. After level 20, you won't see an automatic level up of your hero each and every time you train him or her (unless you've got an upgraded slot or use diamonds, of course). But we'll center here on the free-to-play option to train with gold, including only upgraded slots on the calculation for the sake of completeness.
The most important part of this is the number of heroes unlocked. With only Sir Lance Alotte, you will only get 75 Exp per battle, which means that for the regular training slot, which offers 5760 Exp, 1 training is equivalent to 76,8 battles, which matches not-exactly-by-chance the amount of battles you could do in a full day (24 hours) with an optimum use of energy. Thus, for a "measly" 1800 gold an an 8-hour cooldown, you save yourself 4-6 hours of real-time battling. But, if you also have Robin Eagleye, you are getting 75XP for each hero (150 XP total) and thus one training is equivalent to "just" 38,4 battles. Following this, after you unlock Korina Chantress, you will be effectively getting 225 XP per battle, equivalent to 25,6 battles. This is again modified with upgraded slots offering 20% extra (1152 XP), etc. The addition of the fourth hero does not change this as you can only enter battle with 3 heroes at the same time. Keep in mind you need to spend diamonds for the +40% slot and next ones. This will increase when you get higher VIP.
The full equivalence table follows (battle numbers rounded to ceiling integer):
|#Heroes||Basic slot||+20% Slot||+40% Slot||+65% Slot||+90% Slot||+120% Slot|